12 August 2008

Can't wait to do with C....

So...the other day I was doing something with Coop...and I had a thought. Man...I can't wait till he is old enough to see the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yes...I know...its weird. But, just to hear him ask questions...see the look in his eye as Aragorn takes up his sword and his rightful place. The wonder that is involved.

But, thats not all. I also want to see the look in his eyes when he catches his first fish on his own. Or hits a baseball into the outfield. Throws a spiral. Makes a basket.

Do you all know what I mean? I know that my parents read this from time to time...and they may remember some of that stuff with us kids. (And if they dont thats ok) So...here is a list (some silly of course) of what I am looking forward seeing him do... (and I will just stick with C now...I will write about the other kiddo when he/she comes to see us)
-Driving a car
-hitting a golf ball (uncle chub will help with this one)
-first date
-a sunrise
-getting a good grade in school
-looking at his wife
-looking at his child
-graduating college
-reading to us
-riding a bike
-pulling a 720 front-side flair tail whip on said bike in the X-games (lol....that would be sweet though)
-getting his first puppy
-learning to tie his shoes.....

So there are a few things...what about your son or daughter? What are some things that you look forward to??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Watch their sporting events...football, soccer, water polo, volley ball...track...some golf(sorry chub, very little from me in the golf realm), however the soccer & water polo were cool! Nothing like being able to yell for your child and be proud, win or lose!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to a lot of the same things, but kind of want to stay in the present. It seems like only yesterday that I held Nate, at 7 lbs in my hands... I love the way that he can't fully formulate his words right now, says "Daddy Milk" for "chocolate Milk" and "8-ball" for "oatmeal". But, I also look forward to introducing him to the LOTR, perhaps reading the books to him and all... Jason

The Johnsons said...

I hope those were'nt in chrono. order! But if so, I'm not judging. I wish I got a pic of Eben's face the first time he caught his own fish, it was priceless!!