08 August 2008

Arabic- Doughnuts- T-shirts

Week one is done! UGH! Yep, I have finished my first week of Arabic language training. Yes, that sounds VERY military, but, that's what they call it. On the outside...it is a university level Arabic class, that when we are done at the end of 10 months, we will know more and be more fluent than that of a student taking 2 years at a university. Wow...we'll see.

It is H A R D ! Not easy. We have been taught the alphabet this week. Notice I said taught...not "we learned." I still am not super comfortable with the whole thing yet. I am better than on Monday, but...its rough.

So...just to let you know what I am dealing with. Arabic has 28 letters in the alphabet. They can EACH be written 4 different ways depending on where they are in a word. AND depending on what "modifying" character they have over the top...they can have 4 different sounds too!!!! HA! (it makes you want to suck start a shotgun)

Yea...so we have a limited vocabulary right now....they taught us about 20 words/phrases. Yep....I said taught.

We have 10 months of this. They will be going super in depth on the language, culture and HOW to translate. The nice part is they are really gearing all of this to how it will co-inside with Army operations. And as a "shooter", it is very imperative to my job to be able to communicate the the locals. In the end...it could save lives, mine, my buddies, or guys in another unit that I don't even know about. That part is pretty cool. And when you put that kind of spin on it, it makes studying a little easier.

So...it has been rough, but there are some up sides to this whole thing.
A-off every day at 4:30
B-NO FIELD PROBLEMS FOR THE NEXT 10 MONTHS! Nope...I will NEVER be away from the fam doing Army stuff for the next 10 months.
C-Will be home for sure for the next baby!
D-off every day at 4:30

So..there ya go for my update....on army stuff...

Coop woke Tiff and I up this morning. He came in and said he needed to go potty. When he was done he comes in and says "Hi daddy! Are you awake?" Yes I am bud. "How did you sweep?" Like a rock man! "Cool.....I swept wike a doughnut!" LOL...so stinking funny!!

Tiff is doing well with the new kiddo. At the awkward none of my cloths fit stage...but....shes hot.(not like temperature hot)

I love t-shirts....I found a site that is awesome...check this out.









No comments: