19 January 2008

Back to Yak.

Next week our battalion is going back up to Yakima for Platoon Exvals. Its basically a progress test for the platoon. We will be doing to live fire shoot houses, patrols, and some raids and maybe some recon missions. It should be pretty sweet.

My current job in the platoon is RTO. I am the radio guy that is attached to the PLs (Platoon Leader..a Lieutenant) hip. Ugh. Basically I dont get to do any of the fun stuff. Like clearing the buildings....shooting. I am the link between the platoon and "Higher". (Company level leadership) It is an important role...and you don't want a moron doing it.

Its a bit of a bummer because we have not needed an RTO until now. I have always been slated to do it, but I have been a team leader for the better part of 3 months now...and have fallen in love with that job. I have been pretty successful at it too. But there is nobody to fill my role as RTO now...so that is what I am going to do. The leadership in the platoon knows that it is temporary, as do I...but the experience as team leader in Yak is priceless. I really wanted another shot.

RTO is where the Lord wants me now. That's cool. I'll be the best RTO in the company. Keep me and my guys in your prayers this next week. We will be cold...real cold. Although it looks like we will be staying in the barracks up there! WOOHOO!!! So it wont be that bad. But..it does not get above 30 during the day...so it will still be dang cold.

Also lift up Tiff. This will be the longest she will be without my help since I have joined. (That is without family around too) Coop can be a challenge when I am gone for more that 1 or 2 nights. And I am going to be out for 11.

I will probably throw up another post today or tomorrow.....We are going to MONSTER JAM!!!! (monster truck show)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Jeremy. How was the Yakima trip? I bet it was pretty dang cold up there. You all get some good training in? I hope so. Not to bad down here in GA. The weather is pretty much the same as Ft. Lewis. really cold and raining at night and during the days. When it'd not raining during the daytime it's in the 50's and 60's. Don't get much sleep around here. we did Graduate PRC and then we pretty much have the weekend off till we go back to the suck at 3:30 am Monday morning for our RPFT. Push-ups/Sit-ups/5 mile run/6 pull-ups in the freezing rain. Well I thought I would say hello and post a comment on your Blog. Let the guys know how I am doing. I might see you all around the 4th of April or 3 weeks later after AIRBORN school. Peace out man. Tell Tiffany and Lill' COOP I said hello. Take care and thank you for your prayers and thoughts they have gotten me this far. I thank god for good friends like you all.
rande