05 January 2009

Israel......Hmmm...

Everyone knows about the fighting that is going on over in Israel. Hamas has been shooting rockets to just..well..inflict damage on they-don't-care-who, and Israel has had enough. I will be honest...I can't go back dozens of years in my head to see why Hamas would do all of this. But...Israel was made a nation. And ANY nation has the right and duty to protect itself and its people.

So...what do you think? Is Israel going too far? What would be the solution?

My 2 cents.

You are dealing with terrorists. They are organized. But they are terrorists that hide among civilians. They are the SCUM of the earth. They understand one thing. Death. They have no problem dishing it out. But when the pendulum of violence swings the other direction...usually with enough force to HOPEFULLY break the will of the other to fight...everyone freaks out. Collateral damage is awful. Children and women dieing is awful. But I fully believe that the Israeli army is not INTENTIONALLY targeting civilians! But...they are trying to be as precise as humanly possible. But...they bad guys are in the middle of them...and they are there on purpose. They can not stand and fight. So they hid behind women and children, and waive their fists when one of them is unfortunately hit.

Does that make sense. It is a little different for me now that I am on a different side of the line. I can see where Israel is coming from. And I bet it is very hard to be on the ground over there. I do pray that this can be resolved quickly. But I also pray that terrorists will be wiped from the face of the earth. All of them. But...I have a feeling I will not see that on this side of heaven.

What are your thoughts?

No comments: