20 March 2008

Hippies....

Heh...so yea. Being a member of the United States Military, my profession is not too popular with some people. Frankly, I dont care. I dont care if you disagree with the war. I dont mind if you disagree but support the troops. But, if your version of supporting the troops involves us turing tail and leaving Iraq. Shut up. If it involves you trying to "shut down" recruiting stations. Seriously? If it means that you call us mass murderers, rapists, pillagers, or any other negative term....BUZZ OFF! We dont need that kind of "support".

I will say that they are the MINORITY in this country. I can't tell you how many times I have gone through an airport in uniform and been physically stopped so they can say thanks. Heck...I have even had a man buy me a beer. (VERY cool) So I know that the vast majority of those that are actually proud to call themselves Americans do support us. And that does help. We appreciate it.


I also appreciate it when hippies are made fun of.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=163653&title=marines-in-berkeley

No comments: