07 February 2008

Fixed it!

Ok...so those of you that know me well, (I say that like more thane 4 people are actually reading this thing) you know I am not the most handy man that has had the Nevil name. There is only one other that is less handy than I. (sorry chub) But my wifes washer was broken...and it needed fixing.

I fixed it! Yes...me. I took the pump out of the thing, took it apart, removed a guitar pick ( I do NOT know how THAT got in there) and reinstalled the pump. Still didn't work. Then I inspected the hose. 5 Cents. A nickel. There it was in all its glory. UGH. Yea...definately my fault. Again.

See....this is not the first time I had made a monitary donation to the washer. The last time it was a quarter and it was making a horrible sound when it would drain. Thankfully the repair tech did not charge us for the service call.

So...I am on cloud 9 right now. So is my wife. For some reason...she loves to do laundry. Its weird. But, my lady is happy...so I am happy.

GO ME!

6 comments:

Jason Starbuck said...

Jeremy, congrats on the repair job. Lynn gets excited every two years or so cause the dishwasher doesn't clean like it does. $30 later, after installing a new valve, it works perfectly again. Although, had to spend $300 to install new pipes under the sink that were clogging with with pipe schtuff...

Tiffany Nevil said...

It's so true! My hubby wins "Husband of the Day" award for this one. And just to get my quote in; yesterday when I called him to tell him the washer was acting up again, I told him he needed to go "chuck norris on the washer when" he got home. He says he went Bob Villa...but whatever. It's fixed. And he EVEN cleaned up after wards! AH! So hot.....Thank you darling!

Roy Nevil said...

So I guess it is not wasting money when I buy tools for you at Christmas and other appropriate occasions. Your grandfather would be proud of you, because you evidently have the same lack of fear in tackling home repair. He would tell you that if it is ever necessary to tear apart an iron or a blow dryer.....forget it, save your energy and spend twenty bucks on a new one......just trust me on this.
As I fellow appliance repairer in the home....congrats! So far I have repaired an oven element, dryer motor, sink pipe problems, toilet repair and as you are awere, numerous building projects. It is nice to know that like the apple and the tree, my son is not far from his father. Way to go, my son.

Roy Nevil said...

Some day, I will also learn how to run spellcheck on my postings too....

Anonymous said...

o.k....I think I'm finally figuring out how to comment on this blog! (I did it once, but couldn't figure out how I got through, so of course, I asked my son!)

Anyway, I was going to say....didn't momma always tell you to clean out your pockets?! After talking to you, your lovely wife already gave you an excuse....Any way, I'm very proud of you....alwasy have said that you and your brother can do anything you set your minds to. Grandpa Hall would have been proud too...not like he never took a hammer to anything!!!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

o.k. I should have used spell check, too!